Sunday, July 30, 2017

Color Blocking

I'm playing along with another Make it Monday challenge.  This one is # 292, Color Blocking Three Ways. Laurie demonstrated three different techniques, two using ink, and one with strips of colored cardstock.

I tried two different ink methods, but didn't like my results, so went with the colored card stock method.

I started with a Berry Sorbet card base, and found some pieces melon berry and harvest gold  cardstock in my scrap pile.  The butterflies were lying on my desk already, as well as the white lacey panel.  The Scripted stamp set on my desk too (yes, it's a mess!) and I had previously die cut the "You" out of Smokey Shadow cardstock. I stamped the "Brighten my days in Smokey Shadow ink on the white panel.  I glued everything together, but then noticed some ink on my panel, so strategically added some sequins.  This is what I ended up with:

 It's a bit too busy for my taste, but it will have to do for now as I don't have time to redo it before the deadline.


Laurie's examples:



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! It doesn't look too busy to me at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white lacy die-cut really pops against your color-blocked background, Jennifer. Don't you just love sequins helping cover up little smudges? Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love how your did your color blocking behind the die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Yes, sequins & die cuts can be lifesavers. LOL!

    ReplyDelete