Sunday, August 13, 2017

Make it Monday: monochrome color pop


This week's make it Monday challenged us to use a monochromatic color scheme and add a pop of color.

I stamped some green parakeet ink with the tiny sprig stamp from Stitched Sentimnents.  Most of the time, I used the ink full strength, but here and there I stamped a second time without re-inking.  I also used a die cut that I made with some spring moss paper.  I snipped the middle out so the sentiment would stand out better.  The pop of color comes in with the Shaped Sayings Birthday die I cut out of Pale Peony & Berry Sorbet papers.


4 comments:

  1. Great design, fabulous color combo too, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever, Jennifer, with the stamped sprigs aligned in the openings of your die cut? Love the Happy Birthday sentiment in pinks with your green background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, Jennifer ... those leafy sprigs are so pretty behind the trellis ... and what a delicious colour contrast between the greens and pinks! Thanks so much for your visit and kind words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete